Thursday, October 2, 2008

Witness Reaction Program

wit·ness: 1.a. One who can give a firsthand account of something seen, heard, or experienced: a witness to the accident. b. One who furnishes evidence. 2. Something that serves as evidence; a sign. 3. Law. a. One who is called on to testify before a court. b. One who is called on to be present at a transaction in order to attest to what takes place. c. One who signs one's name to a document for the purpose of attesting to its authenticity. 4. An attestation to a fact, a statement, or an event; testimony.

When we are attacked or mistreated we naturally want to lash out or strike back. We honestly want to share that pain with others. Especially with the one we are upset with or want to retaliate against. A dark subject for a Christian based Blog.

If you are called to testify about something you have seen or that you know about, it is sinful to refuse to testify, and you will be punished for your sin.
Lev 5:1 (NLT)

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Matt 28:19 (NLT)

As Christians we are all called to witness, to testify and share the Good News. It sounds simple and it is. It is ourselves who make it so complicated. Not everyone is open to talking about or receiving Christ. Or are they?

For no one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.
John 6:44 (NLT)

Over 11 months ago I was online at Godtube.com viewing a video clip about witnessing. After I reviewed the comments listed. One was very negative, in my opinion. Within the text of the comment was a website. Sure enough I visited it. It was a website owned and published by the owner of the negative comment. She is a writer, producer and movie critic of cult horror films. To cut to the chase I thought of all people this one should have the closest idea of what Hell must be like. This was her trade. This was her life. An email from a Christian like me was like gas to a fire.

Trying to witness online is hard to say the least. In this case I did a very poor job. I was ill-equipped for the job. As in Luke, chapter 18:18-30, this woman would have to give up all she has ever known. Turn away from the evil one she has been serving.

I ask the question. Before I was saved was I so determined to deny God?

My personal goal is to become not just better at witnessing but make it a habit. Make it something as natural as reaching out for a handshake. So my goal is when I am faced with a situation my reaction will be to first ask myself, “How can this be a witnessing opportunity.” Then pray for God to show me the way and serve Him.

If I am going to react then make it a witness reaction for Christ.

No comments:

Total Pageviews