Friday, August 27, 2010

So What?

President Obama says we are not a Christian nation. So what? Why should I care? I am in my little home. Mowing my little lawn. Living in my little town. I go to church. Why should I be concerned about the president? He never calls me. I pay my taxes and just want to be left alone. So what?

That is the attitude the majority of us here in the United States have. Let the world be damned. It is not going to affect my little world. Then the World Trade Center was attacked and all America coward down. Like the attack on Pearl Harbor. The day after, America was changed forever. So what, everything is OK as long as it's not in my back yard. By the time it reaches our backyard it is long over.

Going back to how America was is no longer an option. We have given up our freedom in the name of better security. In the name of control that is. Herded like cattle at the airport. So what? It is the price we pay for today's world. We are a nation of tolerance not of freedom. Freedom is now determined by the cost of court battles and media publicity. What next? We go to Washington D.C. with sand blaster and remove every reference to God? We would have to start with the Supreme Court building. It is covered with images of Moses and the Ten Commandments. So what? If it makes Muslims happy why worry about throwing away hundreds of years of Christianity or the fact that our forefathers paid for our freedom with blood. So what? It is not in my backyard.

In the movie “Kingdom of Heaven” at the end it visually shows how quickly after the Christians and Jews were forced out how Christianity was removed and Islamic control was about to be entrenched. It happen then and it can happen now just as easily. I am sure citizens of Rome never thought their country would ever fall too.

So what America? After Pearl Harbor we declared war and did not stop until the evil was defeated. After 9/11 we rushed to our local churches for a while until it calmed down and went back to our regular routines. The war in Iraq is just a blimp on the six o’clock news. So what? It's not my war. I have my flower garden to attend too.

Israel did not wake up until God allowed them to be conquered by the Babylonians. Is that what it is going to take for America to wake up? I pray not.

What do we do? We cannot go back. That opportunity ended long ago in the late 70's and early 80's. I think God's Word clearly gives us the solution.

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.”
Mark 16:15-16 (NLT)


Team Up, Set-up and get into the Fight. <><

No comments:

Total Pageviews